Saturday, October 13, 2007

High Risk Auto Insurance - How to Get the Best Rate

Have your been classified as a high risk driver? Are you looking for auto insurance that won't cost you an arm and a leg? Here's how to get high risk auto insurance at the best rate possible.

High Risk Auto Insurance

High risk auto insurance is a type of insurance issued to:

* People with bad driving records

* Teenage boys and girls

* Drivers who own expensive sports cars or "muscle" cars

* People who live in a high-crime areas

Getting Cheap High Risk Auto Insurance

If you've been classified as a high risk driver you're going to pay more for your insurance than the average driver, but you can still bring your insurance costs way down. Here are the steps you need to take:

1. Pay all your fines, then call your department of motor vehicle office to clear your driving history.

2. Call your insurance agent to find out what steps you can take to downgrade your high risk category, such as taking a drivers ed course.

3. Switch to a low risk car such as a late model Honda or Ford sedan that has safety features like airbags and anti-theft devices.

4. Raise your deductible to an amount you can afford. Raising it from $250 to $1,000 can save you up to 40% on your yearly premium.

5. Purchase you car insurance through your homeowners or renters insurance company to get up to a 15% discount.

6. Consider dropping your collision and comprehensive coverage if your car is worth less than your premium plus your deductible.

7. Ask your agent for any discounts you may be eligible for such as senior discounts, low-mileage discounts, drivers education discounts, and other discounts.

8. Compare rates through an insurance comparison website. Because auto insurance rates can vary by hundreds, even thousands of dollars a year from one company to the next, comparing insurance rates will save you the most amount of money on high risk auto insurance.

The advantage of using an insurance comparison site is that you only have to spend a few minutes at one site to get multiple quotes, rather than spend hours on end visiting single company sites or calling individual insurance agencies.

Tags:

6 comments:

Jenice said...

I am classified as a high risk driver. I tried to get an insurance policy from several local providers but they denied to make as my driving record is very bad. Those who offered me a plan were charging me extremely high prices that I can't afford. Lets hope following your points will help me out and I will soon get a policy in the best rate.
industrial insurance

Jenice said...

I am classified as a high risk driver. I tried to get an insurance policy from several local providers but they denied to make as my driving record is very bad. Those who offered me a plan were charging me extremely high prices that I can't afford. Lets hope following your points will help me out and I will soon get a policy in the best rate.
industrial insurance

Free Online Insurance Quotes said...

Nice Auto Insurance Information. Thanks for the lists.I really appreciated it.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing this. I have been looking all over for information about insurance quotes and this was super helpful. Thanks again!

stevesandiego said...

Before buying a new car, everyone should have to follow New Car Pricing features, characteristics and other objectives.

aarongrey112 said...

Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider an intro to my website on your next post. Please email me back. Thanks!

Aaron Grey
aarongrey112 at gmail.com